Reach Out Interpretation Services Uganda (ROIS)
Website / Documentation
ROIS is a registered non-profit NGO charity that provides interpretation services for the benefit of the Deaf.
Reach out Interpretation Services Uganda (ROIS) is a registered non-profit NGO charity that provides interpretation services for the benefit of the D/deaf individual in the Ugandan community. Reach out interpretation services (ROIS) with an aim of providing voluntary sign language interpretation services to deaf individuals who could not afford paying an interpreter. We also offer interpretation and translation services for companies and provide support to victims and survivors of domestic violence. ROIS is managed by a group of well educated, experienced, talented, multilingual, deaf and hearing men and women.
ROIS is a non-governmental organization since 25th October 2015 in Uganda (Charity number: 11716) and a Limited Company in the UK since 14th August 2018 (Company number: 11516555). We provide all communication, translation and support services to all in the community. We are the gap between the hearing, those with hearing impairment and empowering the voiceless in the community. We provide advocacy services for all people.
1) To reach out to the D/deaf people and offer free interpretation services to them when needed to those who cannot afford an interpreter.
2) To advocate for the main streaming in the Education system in Uganda.
3) To fight the stigma attached to persons with Hearing Impairment.
4) To advocate for the inclusion of interpreters in all sectors of public service.
5) To join the existing organizations in the awareness of the existence of the D/deaf Community in Uganda.
6) To advocate for the employment of D/deaf people in the economy of this country.
- Human rights
- Impact Support
- Work & Productivity
- General management
- Legal support
- Technical expertise
What we need help with
Support towards the Girl Child and PWDs affected By the COVID-19 Pandemic in Selected Areas of Kampala and Masaka (Uganda). The organization seeks for anything that can support People with Disabilities (PWDs), Communication to create awareness about the role played by Deaf in Societies which can act as a tool for Social Inclusion, PWDs need exposure for positive recognition and inclusion in the Society, General Management to support day-to-day running of the operations of ROIS for effective Leadership, Legal and Technical Support.
Best way to get in touch
Organization email firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- In Progress