Child’s Right and Rehabilitation Network (CRARN)
Website / Documentation
Transforming the lives of vulnerable people through healthcare, agriculture and technology
CRARN is a Non-Profit-Organization in Eket, Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria. The organisation has a track record of rescuing stigmatised, street and abandoned children in a centre with school, supporting vulnerable youths,such as at risk youth, substance abused victims, trafficking in persons girls.
More of our objective is to
• Reduction in number of children abused as a result of witchcraft allegations and stigmatization
• Increased awareness of the factors leading to child witchcraft accusations and abuse
Rescued, safe and protected children
• Increased numbers of rescued witchcraft stigmatized and abused children
• Improved safety and security for CRARN children, staff, trustees, volunteers and property
Children who have access to basic needs (health and welfare), are educated and be literate
• Improved education, welfare, health and wellbeing including mental and emotional support) for all of CRARN’s children.
• Improve the lives of disabled children and youth
The Project objectives
The animal husbandry will radically transform to respond to the increasing demand of protein and not only will it change such yearning, will also have large societal impact, beyond the livestock sector per se.
These scenarios are plausible stories about the future of the livestock sector and its possible impact on society including on public health, environment and livelihoods. There are two scenarios where livestock production increases tremendously, one with moderate and one with high level of intensification
Undoubtedly, as its production increased over the year, so have people changed their consumption trends. It has evolved from a purely subsistence to a successful commercial.
There is no gainsaying that Nigerian society and economy will grow swiftly and transform extensively and this case, so will the demand for animal consumption. Therefore the need for poor community and the people there to intensify their cultural and farm production.
Animal production has improved with the adoption of improved technologies by farmers. These technologies include improved breeding which include laying, meat-production, and dual purpose breed for chicken. So are other animals like the black Bengai goat.
The overall objective of the project is in accordance with the Government Agricultural policy of increasing food production and diversification of the present farming system so as to attain sustainable food security.
Computer Technology Centre
Given that most of the youth lack the direction and defining purpose, they are easily carried away by peer pressure and got misguided. Therefore, the technology centre will be a pathway to redefining their future through learning of different computer skills, programming, website development and software analytical skills.
This project aims to uproot a good number of youth from the threshold of misdirection, social vices and any unproductive venture that may lead them to be in conflict with the law.
They will be put through a robust and excellent training from great and extraordinary professionals that will kick-start them to becoming enviable and responsible citizens through computer technology.
– To increase the production of animals so as to attain post Covid19 production level
– To create a sense of awareness for the people towards sustainable agriculture production.
– To bring about technology to the doorstep of the rural community
– To re-organize and strengthen the community members in their respective villages.
– To improve household food security through households involvement in productivity enhancement by 70%
– To add value to animal production through processing, packaging and branding as alternative market to attract extra finances
– To create sustainable market linkages
Social and economic impact of business idea
The project, in it one year operation is targeting 400 people including young men and women of equal proportion to work and benefit in either the in the farm animal or technology centre.
The project will also have special focus on women and the young upcoming farmers mostly the out of school youth that are unemployed and have interest animal farming. The project intends to encourage women who are involved in agriculture to actively participate because over 85% of animal production is done by them.
The social benefit include, improved harmony among the family members since the income received shall be effectively utilized through our household economic empowerment training. The HIV patients and victims of other diseases will be able to buy their medicine with the funds got. Witch-stigmatized people, parents whose children are stigmatized will be empowered economically. While direct benefit will include improved incomes at household levels, improved information flow and increased participation in the animal production and the training in computer technology.
- Human rights
- Impact Support
- Mental health
- Work & Productivity
- Business Strategy
- Legal support
- Product development
What we need help with
CRARN needs help to give support to abandoned and stigmatized street children, vulnerable youths, trafficking in person girls and poor women. This help will take care of their food and nutrition, healthcare, education, technology training and animal husbandry rearing.
Best way to get in touch
- In Progress